If my future husband and I agree on Complete Separation of Property to govern our property relations, do we need to execute any documents?

Yes. There is a need for you and your future husband to execute a settlement agreement or ante-nuptial agreement before the celebration of the marriage showing that the system of Complete Separation of Property shall govern your property relations.

The settlement agreement to be valid and enforceable must be signed by you and your future husband before the celebration of the marriage, duly notarized and in order to prejudice third persons it must be registered with the local civil registry where the marriage contract is recorded as well as in the proper registry of property.

Related Real Estate FAQs

Share your thoughts with us

Send a question to us